For a long time, it was believed that the difference between a bouquet and an arrangement lies in their purpose: the first ones were given as gifts, the second ones were created for decorative purposes - noble families decorated the premises with them, demonstrating well-being and good taste. But modern florists assure that such divisions are conditional. The variety of shapes, textures, colors of bouquets allows them to be used as a full-fledged decorative element, and the composition is considered a wonderful gift for a special occasion. It is easy to verify this by looking in our catalog and ordering flower delivery to Ukraineflora for an important event.
5 main differences between bouquet and arrangement
To begin with, it is worth drawing clearer boundaries in terms of "bouquet" and "arrangement":
- The choice of flowers. The bouquets are made of fresh-cut flowers, which are fixed with floral tape. Often they are supplemented with any kind of wrapper: paper, cellophane, cardboard, cloth. The arrangements can include both fresh and dried plants. More often they are fixed on a base with a special floral sponge for constant access to moisture.
- The place to store. Bouquets are placed only in vases with water. Arrangements are placed in boxes, baskets, containers made of wood or metal.
- Additional components. Experts assure that the bouquet contains nothing but flowers and greenery. While the compositions often use decorative ornaments, sweets, fruits. Recently, cotton decor or themed products with autumn leaves, Christmas tree decorations, pencils for school holidays are in trend.
- The principle of florist's activity. It usually takes more time to create an arrangement - this process is similar to creating a painting or sculpture. Such products are often played up with complex combinations of shades, and when making them, you need to subtly feel the principles of harmony and observe the laws of proportions. It is also not easy to create a bouquet - experts have been training their "artistic streak" for years so that the finished result can impress the recipient. But in comparison with compositions, it takes less time for professionals to compose a bouquet.
- Форма. Bouquets are traditionally round, oval, pyramidal. In recent years, asymmetry has become increasingly important. The arrangements are the embodiment of the imagination of their creator and can take the most unusual forms.
Different types of bouquets and arrangements
- Bouquets for Women - usually includes bright flowers or pastel shades of all sizes and shapes. And in combination with favorite female gifts (perfume, toys, champagne), they become a wonderful way to convey sincere and heartfelt congratulations.
- Bouquets for Men more restrained both in colors and in appearance. Flowers in them are used in muted or saturated shades: burgundy, purple, blue, and the aroma of the bouquet should be barely perceptible and restrained. Usually, these are products of elongated triangular or pyramidal shapes and are complemented by cakes, sweets, alcohol.
- Bouquets for Kids usually light and small, because they should fit well in a miniature child's palm. Together with them, it is customary to give toys, sweets, balloons.
- Flowers in a box - can consist of one or more shades. In the presence of mono-compositions or options, including several types of plants with greenery.
- Basket of Roses - a spectacular gift that will impress a woman of any age. The assortment includes both miniature versions of 9 species with greenery and elite compositions with 101 premium quality flowers.
- Roses in the shape of a heart - an unusual gift that is often ordered for lovers and brides.