Florists assure that if you know how to preserve the freshness of a bouquet at home, its life can be extended to several weeks. To keep the composition fresh and attractive, it is enough to follow five simple recommendations from the specialists with whom Ukraineflora works.
1. Let the flowers adapt to new conditions
Do not rush to immediately put the bouquet in a vase, especially during the cold season. Temperature changes for flowers are a lot of stress: just remember what unpleasant sensations arise if you wash your hands with hot water after winter frost. In order not to harm beauty, follow the following procedure:
- Leave the flowers at room temperature for 20-30 minutes without removing the wrapper or film. This will allow them to get used to new conditions.
- Provide moisture for the bouquet. When the flowers get used to the temperature of the air, they should be filled with moisture. To do this, place the stems in a bucket or tub filled with cool water.
- Trim the stems with a sharp knife. It is better to do this in water so that air does not get inside the stem.
- Cut off the leaves at the section of the stem that will be placed in the water in the vase. They are the first to rot on prolonged contact with water.
- Place the flowers in a clean vase.
In the warm season, the bouquet does not need to adapt to room conditions, so it can be immediately immersed in water. Do not neglect the preparatory steps: without them, the effectiveness of the following actions will be significantly reduced.
2. Take care of water quality
3. Observe the temperature and lighting regimes
Feed with nutrientsOften it is feeding that becomes the best answer to the question: "How to keep the freshness of the bouquet for a long time?" The powdered mixture should be added to the vase and periodically added with fresh water. It not only allows flowers to last twice as long, but also makes the color of greenery and buds richer.
- Sugar - 3 teaspoons per liter.
- Citric acid - 2 g per 1 liter.
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon per liter.
- Salt - 1 teaspoon per liter.
5. Provide care according to the characteristics of the flowerAbove, we examined the universal methods that will help you understand how to preserve the beauty and freshness of the bouquet for a long time. But each flower has its own characteristics that should be considered when leaving:
- Roses have tight and dense stems, and therefore you need to cut them with a sharp knife at an angle of 45 degrees. In order for the flowers to receive the maximum amount of moisture, the skin can be moved a few centimeters from the edge. It is better to immerse the stems in water by half or 2/3.
- Lilies do not like neighborhoods with other species, so they keep freshness in a mono bouquet longer. As with roses, the stems are best trimmed with sharp scissors or pruning shears at a 45 degree angle. Submerge the lilies 2/3 in the water, keeping the leaves out of the vase.
- Chrysanthemums are considered one of the most persistent species and, with proper care, can remain fresh for up to a month. Autumn flowers love cold water. It is better to leave the cut of the stem not sharp and renew it every few days.
- Tulips love cold water as much as chrysanthemums and feel especially good with the addition of ice. The cut of the stem should be vertical, and there is not much water in the vase - only 5-7 cm.
- Carnations love room temperature water and a wide-necked container. The amount of liquid should not exceed 15 cm. It is better to cut the stems at an angle of 45 degrees.
- For moisture and nutrients to get into gerberas, their stems should not touch the bottom. Therefore, they should be cut well before being sent to the vase.
Ukraineflora delivers flowers and gifts to every city in Ukraine. All flower arrangements are formed from fresh flowers just before shipment and transported in a car in compliance with temperature requirements. Place an order on our website online and bring more flowers to the life of loved ones, and with them - positive emotions, beauty and moments that warm the soul.